Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for All The Help -- Egg Is In the Table

Options
Finally got the a Egg in my new table. Wasn't sure how to best do that but I ended up loosening the upper band and taking the dome off. Took out the fire ring and firebox to lighten the load and had a couple of friends over to help with the lifting. The bands had shifted some over time and needed adjustment so I just took the dome off that way. It actually has a better fit than before. Added a 20x20 piece of tile and mounted it on top for hot stuff to sit on.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice looking table. ..congrats
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jaq0316
    jaq0316 Posts: 9
    Options
    Your table looks great - very similar to how I'm wanting to make mine. 

Few questions for you:
    - what kind of material did you use for the top?  It looks a lot thinner than regular granite.  Did you glue it down or is it just resting between the rails you put down?  Where did you get the rails?

- what kind of stain / polyurethane did you use for the wood - love the way the knots are brought out.

great job again!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I like the tile idea. Great for hot stuff and it'll be easy to clean if you need to set down a BBQ tool.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Sicilian
    Sicilian Posts: 23
    edited August 2014
    Options
    All of the material is cedar except for the "screen moulding" around the 20x20 floor tile. The tile is not glued just the moulding on three sides to hold it in place. . Cedar 2x4's and 1x6 cedar deck boards. Only thing I used on the wood was Flood Penetrating Wood Finish "clear cedar". It waterproofs and protects from UV. Moulding was purchased at Lowe's as was the other material. Materials around $100 and two boxes of screws maybe $18, waterproofing was around $17 , then the cost of the Egg Nest around $40. Casters were maybe $6 each. Tile was free but Lowe's and HD have single pieces for less than $5. "Texas A&M" handle courtesy of my son this Christmas. "Gig Em". Used the Scott Moore Table Plans for most dimensions. Just Google for the plans.
  • jaq0316
    jaq0316 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the details!
  • Sicilian
    Sicilian Posts: 23
    Options
    Here is a pic of mine and a description of what stain I used. It's holding up very well.