Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'll Have the Duck with the Mango Salsa

Options
wdan
wdan Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I popped a gasket tonight on my way home from work. Did the usual stop at the grocery store for dinner fixin's. No particular menu in mind ( I like to see what's on sale or what looks good/fresh). As I walked thru produce I saw some mangos that were actually ready to cut and a pa paya too. Then it hit me...that damn Geico commercial with the cavemen. I got the rest of my produce and promptly went to the frozen poultry section to pick out a 5 lb duck.[p]The duck is thawing in the fridge, the salsa is already made:
Mnago chunks
Papaya chunks
Pineapple chunks
Watermelon chunks
plus
Red Onion diced
jalapeno diced
lime juice (2 limes)
cilantro[p]The mango salsa is already to die for. I had it tonight with some leftover crabcakes and all by itself.[p]Tomorrow, I'll split the duck (and a chicken for the kids and other non-Daffy lovers) and give it a go a la spatchcock...results to follow...

Comments