Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kickash basket

Options
2»

Comments

• bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    I L-O-V-E the KAB!!! It has been the answer to finally make my Medium work properly.

I can't imagine NOT having one.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    I bought one for my Medium as a test before I get one for the XL.  I cook with the Med most days and this thing sure makes clean-up easy.  Controlling the temp seems to be much easier with the KAB in place.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    Really happy I have one for my large. In addition to the convenience, I think it helps with the air flow.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    @Hungry Joe and HofsraJet I have been using an extra AR cross bar to stir the lump around up top to get the ash to drop down. I then scrape it all out via the lower vent. However, when it gets to be too much, I break out the shop vac. I believe this basket is going to make the job much easier. I will post my thoughts once it arrives and I get a few uses under my belt.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • Mdlrat
    Mdlrat Posts: 38
    Options
    I have one in my XL and like the easy shake to clean. It all comes down to preference