Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Build Question for the forum re: detailed specs......

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
I have been to the mother ship website and pulled the specs which seem to only include weight and cooking surface space. Can someone who has been down this path point me in the direction of a more detailed specification (I.e. hight at felt line, circumference etc. of the egg(s)?
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• northGAcock
    Options
    Bump

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I did a basic table. From the bottom shelf to the top surface is 15" as they say, as is my circumference of the hole for the large. What exactly are you looking for?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I was looking for the total height, hight of the base / dome level. Hole size etc. It is not for the egg I have, its for the design of the one I don't have. I would have thought BGE would have them posted for all their eggs. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    What size do you have? 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I have a medium, and considering a large and MM in the future. I m working with a fabricator on a design, incorporating some of my interest from multiple builds i have seen. My final design may not be table based, but more along the lines of the WWOO https://www.wwoo.nl/en/portfolio-item/wwoo-2-meter-hoog-big-green-egg-small/  but made out of wood or metal fabrication....depending on cost and several other factors. You may remember i had reached out to you earlier regarding your attached overhang design. I would likly have something like that if I went with wood. 

To directly answer your question, I want to incorporate some flexibility for future eggs as well as my current medium. Thus, I was hoping to have the detailed specs in order pass along to the design folks I am working with. It really will be a true outdoor kitchen of sorts that is fully exposed to the elements.....without using the precast concrete like the WWOO. Still thinking through conceptually my design.

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    That wwoo is an interesting design for sure - not something I've seen before but pretty nifty.

in the pics on that site, it appears there are 3 'sections', one for each of your possible eggs.  What if you build your unit in such a way that the top shelf (table top) is removable, and could be rehung at any flexible height, leaving your future egg options open.

you would still have to cut a new opening for each new egg, but that should be simple enough.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • northGAcock
    Options
    BRush00 said:
    That wwoo is an interesting design for sure - not something I've seen before but pretty nifty.

in the pics on that site, it appears there are 3 'sections', one for each of your possible eggs.  What if you build your unit in such a way that the top shelf (table top) is removable, and could be rehung at any flexible height, leaving your future egg options open.

you would still have to cut a new opening for each new egg, but that should be simple enough.
    I think that is a good thought. I am also thinking about the counter top level, serving as a buffet type of service surface. I do several good size parties a year, and this would give me some flexibility short and long term. I have plenty of length / space (10 foot at least)....and you just don't see more than 5 foot long tables.  I have to say that the advice on here about getting your egg and building your table / environment is something that evolves. Sound advice.

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I have been to the mother ship website and pulled the specs which seem to only include weight and cooking surface space. Can someone who has been down this path point me in the direction of a more detailed specification (I.e. hight at felt line, circumference etc. of the egg(s)?
    Take a tape measure to your local BGE dealer.  If you do find some detailed measurements on the web, make sure they are from a recent egg. The dimensions of the egg have changed over the years. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.