Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta area BBQ joints

Options
RiverDoc
RiverDoc Posts: 572
We live about 2hrs from ATL and we travel that way fairly often. After reading a recent post @DaveRichardson mentioned Roswell HW and a BBQ place run by a family friend. So it made me think, what am I missing? What do you recommend? What are the "must try" BBQ places in or around the Alanta area? We are always hunting good eats, Thanks
-Todd
Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Fox Brothers, Community Q, Sam's BBQ1, Heirloom Market, Grand Champion, Fat Matts Rib Shack
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fox Bros. BBQ is my favorite.......wings are awesome!
    JR's Log Cabin in Norcross has the best country breakfast around.
    Heirloom Market is really really good as well.

Edit to include Fat Matt's - kick azz rib sandwich.

Thats my $0.02

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    If you come down to the south side of town, I'd also recommend another friend's place in Hampton, GA.... Smokin' Swine in the little downtown section of Hampton.  They had the unfortunate experience of a fire in a neighboring dining facility that completely burned out their kitchen last year.  They are just now getting back on their feet.  They also have a good relationship with the little brewery that's less than a block down the street, Jailhouse Brewing.  They are in the town's old jail facility from the 1800/early 1900's and theme all their brews on law enforcement and such.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I haven't been there in years but I liked Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell.  They used to have live music on Friday and Saturday but I'm not sure if they still do.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fox Brothers, Community Q, Sam's BBQ1, Heirloom Market, Grand Champion, Fat Matts Rib Shack
    If you hit these you will be in good shape. Well not good shape because you will be up 10lbs but you'll be in great BBQ shape.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Moonies BBQ in Flowery Branch is great!
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    Looks like I'll have to make a few trips but that's ok. Fox bros might be might first stop. @jonnymack I'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt but I'm willing to give it a shot. Thanks @BigGreenCraig we are actually there more often, my wife likes to shop at Flowery Branch.
    -Todd
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Fat Matt's is awesome, love the ribs and chicken combo, plus mac n cheese is delicious!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Went to Fox Bros. last week. The Brisket was fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RiverDoc
    Options
    Thanks @JRWhitee , I might have to get a hotel room and spend a couple days lol!
    -Todd