Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the use of fire bricks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wanted to get some feed back on the use of fire bricks, pros,cons, any insight you may have. Thanks a bunch, recently got an egg and we love it.

Comments

• wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    Brett LaFevers,[p]I use them all the time, not only for indirect cooking, but for raising the grid as well. [p]Mike
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Brett LaFevers,[p]Firebricks work well with my only complaints about them being they are thick and use up precious internal space and they represent a large thermal load until they heat up.[p]I still use one firebrick cut into 3 equal pieces to space the rack higher but gave up on the below the meal bricks, now using a pizza stone to provide indirect heating. Being able to establish cooking temperature sooner is worth the extra cost of the pizza stone (along with cooking on it).[p]Spin
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Spin,
    Hey there big guy! How are you and the Ms.? Good to see you post once in a while. My best to Sue.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Sundown,[p]Hi handsome! We are improving weekly. Just a long rehab thing. Sue says hi to ya also.[p]Spin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Brett LaFevers,
    i use the full, the splits, and some pieces i chiseled off some full sized bricks. i find them handy enough to have around and they are cheap. i use them for inderect setups where i only want part of the grill inderect, for raising a pizza stone, and for raising grills to different heights. they also come in handy as a trivet and a place to put that greasy grill down when moving things around.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it