Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You Can Buy BGE Feet

Options
I've read here that it's hard to find the BGE ceramic "feet" now that BGE corporate no longer includes them with purchase. I've seen recs to check out eBay if you want some.

Well, you can still buy them, if you're willing to go with feet that are black - it seems that Kamado Joe still sells them. They apparently call them "ceramic shoes".

http://www.wholesalepatiostore.com/Primo/Model-400.html

$28 for 4 feet, plus $10 shipping...

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I'm not sure why you would buy those when you can get a table nest that provides better stability and more air gap for less money? I guess whatever floats your boat.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Sandi_k
    Sandi_k Posts: 52
    Options
    Because you can use the feet for lots of other uses - raising a pizza stone up off the grill, for example. They are used for lots of things other than setting up the BGE itself.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Primo has black ones as well. $35 shipped.
    http://www.shop.com/Primo Ceramic Feet Set Of 4-916585931-p .xhtml

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• TMCCGator
    TMCCGator Posts: 27
    Options
    Does anyone have a good source for a table nest for a large?  Thanks
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    I'm not sure why you would buy those when you can get a table nest that provides better stability and more air gap for less money? I guess whatever floats your boat.
    I use mine for a lot of cooking set ups and love having a set. I've shipped out a lot of sets of these. A dealer near where I used to love would give me a set every time I came in and asked for one. 

XLBGE 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I bought three terra cotta planter feet from lowes for about $5. They are still in perfect condition after nearly six years.

After about the same amount of time, my BGE feet have chipped and disintegrated to the point where there is more white showing than green! Both sets have been exposed to the weather and inside the egg at temps up to 900*. 

They are handy, but there is no way I would pay $35-40!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut