Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir Fry

Options
Another stir fry. Veg-fried rice with chicken and shrimp. I'm really enjoying my wok. Tonight I attempted to fry a couple won-tons in the wok. Only issue was the temp got away from me so some of the won-tons were a little burnt. These were simple cream cheese for my wife. This weekend I'll attempt it again with some ground pork/shrimp won-tons.
-Todd
Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE

Comments

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    That rice looks great.  How do you control the temp when the wok is on?  I've got a large, and it got away from me.  I need to try again.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    @LDR I saw someone on a video do this, once it gets going shut down the bottom vent and leave lid open. Keep in mind it does get hot but the size of the wok helps restrict some airflow. I forgot to shut the bottom vent right away I had oil at 350ish when I threw won tons on but it climbed quick. But it does great on proteins , veggies and rice
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE