Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just introducing myself (and pulled pork)

Options
Simcan
Simcan Posts: 287
New egghead here from Canada.  Looking forward to learning and participating.  I got my LBGE this Spring and haven't even taken the cover off my propane yet.  I have done NY strips, tri-tip, ribs a few times (3-2-1, going to try turbo tonight), and I am hooked!

Gear (so far) is the upgraded stainless steel bottom grate, thermapen and Maverick 733.

Opening story (pics next time) is my pulled pork for a Mothers' Day brunch.  My wife bought an 8.4 pounder, which I discovered upon opening it (to my dismay) had been butterflied and bone removed.  All rolled out like a sleeping bag.  Anyway, too late to turn back so I rubbed it (homemade, pretty standard I am sure) and rolled it up as tightly as I could, bound tight with string. Let it sit about 12 hours. 

Around 7pm that night I put it on my egg stabilized at 220 (dome, registering 275 on the Maverick), and it stayed there until I went to bed.  Butt was around 90 at that time.  I woke at 6ish, and temp was down a bit (175 dome, 230 Maverick).  Butt was stalled at 156, and I had people coming at 1030am, so I opened her up and got temps to 275 dome, 325 Maverick), and after about 45 minutes the butt finally started creeping up. 

Hit 201 right as people were arriving, so pulled it (off the grill), then pulled it (apart).  Spectacular! Served with cole slaw (no mayo, just napa cabbage, shredded carrots, jalapeno and sweet onion, with a simple vinaigrette of ACV, sugar, canola, and celery seed), two kinds of homemade barbecue sauce (KC and VERY simple Carolina) and homemade slider buns using Bpbb flay's Parker House Rolls recipe.

Huge hit and glad to join this community!
Toronto ON

Comments