Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen discontinuing British Racing Green.

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Certified fastest since it is British Racing Green :-)
    Good deal for people who dont own one.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited April 2015
    Options
    hmm good deal just ordered since mine is on the fritz... I'm sure BGE will soon be selling an exclusive BGE green thermopen.
    Aurora,OH
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Me & Wilma have been sharing a single unit.  I just opened the wallet for the British Racing Green model.  It must be the fastest because it's always racing!
    Flint, Michigan
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    No racing stripes?
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    No racing stripes?
    Only in my shortz.
    Flint, Michigan
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options

:grimacing:

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    What came first, the Thermopen or the Egg?   In my case the Thermopen.  Since most here rate this as the #1 accessory, I figured I'd take advantage of the sale.  Since this is the color I wanted, and it was the only one on sale, I figured it was a sign from above...

Side note - From the time of my order until they shipped it Fedex took exactly 58 minutes.  Pretty incredible, and I emailed them to tell them so.
    Phoenix 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I received my new British Racing Green Thermopen today.  At the time I'm posting they are still on sale for $79.  It's a great color, and a great product as you all have attested to.

I also received the Magnetic Glow-In-The-Dark Silicone Boot.  Just a quick review - the boot really does glow in the dark and has nice strong magnets.  Love it.  It wouldn't really matter what color of pen you get though - since the pen color is muted by the boot.  $11

Phoenix 
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Thanks, I ordered on too.
    McKinney, TX