Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boys Night In....Orange Chipotle Chops

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2221.jpg
<p />Recently I was given a gift of a bottle of Orange Chipotle Grilling Sauce, so I thought I'd give it a try on some 1", bone-in pork chops. Just used coarse grind pepper and kosher salt along with the Sauce. I also had one, lone potato in the house, and decided to pull some plugs and replace them with garlic cloves prior to baking. Massaged it in a bit of olive oil, then baked as usual....to be served with butter and sour cream....naturally. [p]The chops were treated as TRex steaks and seared at 700 for about 1 minute per side. They were then pulled to be placed back in a bath of the Orange Chipotle Sauce. After about 12 minutes they were put back on the fire until they hit an internal temp of 142 - 145.[p]They were served with the potato, salad (Thousand Island) and fried okra. Please note the absence of bread....I'm watching my weight.[p]Mike[p]IMG_2220.jpg[p]IMG_2226.jpg[p]IMG_2228.jpg

Comments