Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry championship ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked some ribs yesterday using Dr. BBQ championship recipe and they turned out dry. I usually cook 3-1-1 with no problems but wanted to try a different way. My question is why were they dry. I followed cooking times. The only thing I could think of is the temp was a little high. Would that do it?

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,[p]Were they spares or BB's? Yes, too high of a temp
    can dry 'em out. I use his recipe all the time.

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    DO not despair! Try it again - the temp can easily dry out ribs! I use that method a lot, it is sound and does work well.[p]When I do that method, I like to put strips of bacon on top of the ribs - that REALLY keeps them extra moist and yummy. Also, the smoked bacon is terrific in the beaners!

• Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    Bigfoot wrote:
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    DO not despair! Try it again - the temp can easily dry out ribs! I use that method a lot, it is sound and does work well.[p]When I do that method, I like to put strips of bacon on top of the ribs - that REALLY keeps them extra moist and yummy. Also, the smoked bacon is terrific in the beaners!

Bigfoot,

How do you lay the bacon. I mean are you laying the ribs flat and or do you have them in a rack. I use a rack when I do my ribs because I usually cook at least a dozen, so I'm wondering how I would place bacon on them.