Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Wings and Hoops

Options
nlovold
nlovold Posts: 194
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
I was on my own Friday night for dinner, so I did the natural and opted for a batch of wings and some more basketball.  

Brined the wings in Buttermilk, Plowboys Yardbird, and Pain is Good Louisiana hot sauce for 1 hour while I got the egg ready.  Set the egg up for 275 indirect with a drip pan and a little pecan for smoke.  Smoked the wings until they hit around 155 on the Thermapen, then went direct for about 30 minutes to crisp up the skins.  Pulled off the egg and spun in a buffalo style sauce made with 4T butter, 2 cloves garlic minced, 2/3c Franks Red Hot, and a splash of the Pain is Good Louisiana to taste.  

My intention was to fry them up in CI skillet real quick after the smoke, and they would've been a little better had I made the effort.  Nevertheless, still very edible.  Thanks for checking it out!

Comments