Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Max Burgers

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2149.jpg
<p />I've lurked about all day salivating over the prospect of burgers tonight. After reading about all the conflicting burger methods...I decided to try something different.[p]I made some ground chuck/ground sirloin patties (1 inch thick) and seasoned with Cowlick. Took at mesquite lump fire to 700 and seared for 1 minute per side.... removed the patties and dropped the temp. to 300-350. Put the patties back on for 2 minutes per side.....absolutely the best burgers I've ever done! As Max said....no reason to put anything on them...although I did. [p]BTW, Who sent this cold weather to Texas???[p]Mike

Comments

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    LawnRanger,[p]I did nearly the exact cook that you did. Only difference was that I used royal oak instead of Mesquite lump (what brand of mesquite do you use?). I also did not have the patience to bring the temp below 400 for the "roast" phase. They roasted around 475 or so about 90 sec per side. Burgers came out awesome. Had mine between some iceburg lettuce leaves as I am avoiding bread. I like plain too and have one leftover for a snack tomorrow. I even cooked the same number of burgers that you did and used cowlick too. Have a great weekend. Snowing here in Nashville.[p]JNK
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    JNK,
    I used a local lump from Mexico..."Viva Pancho"...sparks a bit, but is good for short cooks. I don't think I'll ever cook burgers another way again. I'm sort of amazed, but really don't know why....it's just another form of steak.[p]Remember....Great minds think alike :o) :o)[p]Good weekend to you![p]Mike

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Mike,
    That looks goooood! That will be my next cook.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Charlie

• Motoman
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    Was the lid up durring the first 1 minute per side? Then temp @ 350 with the lid closed @ 2 min per side? I have yet to try burgers on my large which I have had for about 2 years. Yours look great!!

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Motoman,
    Yes....open on the sear and down on the finish.[p]They really were great.[p]Mike