Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great First Day

Options
As some of you may know i am no longer eggless. Had a great day yesterday cooking for the first time on my first egg. Fired it up in the morning and played with temps for 4-5 hours and cooked a couple sausages for breakfast. Then scratched my head and decided to make sure things were in order before further cooking. I bought the egg used and it needed some love. So i pulled from the nest, wired brushed with angle grinder the nest and Ms. Daisy and repainted. Refinished wooden handle and then built a hi-que grate out of the old cooking grate. Then packed up kids and off to LBGED where they had a stainless cooking grate waiting for me, ten percent off for my good looks. Filled my propane tank while i was there (wait) and drooled over the XL. Stopped by new HF store where they had 20 percent off and picked up a weedburner. Back to the house, egg back together and woosh. Decided on first official cook, did chick breast 400 indirect and three pizzas 500 indirect. The last one bbq chicken with cheddar and green onion. Breast was a little dry as I glazed with sauce too late but flavor profile was killer. Pizza was stellar. All good in the neighborhood.
Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.

Comments