Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone watch The Next Food Network Star?

Options
My wife and I really love the show.  My favorite from the get-go was Lenny, for some odd reason.  He was, well, different, but I loved the fact that he was comfortable in his skin.  I respect that a lot.  Not the standard run of the mill type.  I also see that this could have been a take on persona he had to help win the show.  Still, I enjoyed him and his cooks.  Who was your favorite?  

I thought out of the three he was the top candidate.  Luca was difficult to understand, and lets face it, Americans do not want true Italian food. Plus you have Giada making the same stuff and over enunciating everything.  Nicole would get lost with the other pretty smile girls.  

With that said, he made a coffee rub steak for one of the episodes.  One part coffee, one part sugar, and one part season salt.  Looked very delicious and the folks he served this to loved it as well.  Anyone try this?  
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I stopped watching that show when they picked fieddy as a winner. Come to think of it, that's about the time I quit watching FN completely. I'm sure they are disappointed. :))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cajuncook
    Options
    I quit watching it for the most part. Not enough real cooking and too many competitive shows. I don't want to see duck tongues and licorice cooked in 20 minutes.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Me & Wilma watched it. She wanted Luca for the eye candy factor. I liked Lenny from the start. We both agreed that the blonde chick from Texas was ultra annoying and were disappointed she lasted so long.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    LMFAO, giada and the over enunciation of common Italian items like MOOOOOOZERELLA, kills me.

I liked the butcher girl, but she had trouble with her perspective big time. I want Lenny to win.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    I enjoyed this season- Lenny had me laughing most episodes. Saw on a blog somewhere he has some embarrassing posts and video on the web. I saw some and it bothered me. But I bet I have old rants out there somewhere too. I have definitely put coffee on steaks and beef. Love it!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes