Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sausage Cheese Balls kicked up with DP

Smoked SignalsSmoked Signals Posts: 505
edited 11:47PM in EggHead Forum
I kicked up a double batch of smoked sausage cheese balls with 1/4 cup of DP Swamp Venom last night (I mixed it in with the Bisquick) ... I'm having to beat people off with a stick at work this morning. It's like crack ... they can't get enough. They were supposed to be for lunch but I don't think they are going to make it past the first break.[p]Thanks Chris!
Dizzy Pig rules the World

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Smoked Signals,
    Do you have a recipe? -RP

• AZRP,
    2 lbs of sausage (I used fresh from a local meat locker but any mild sausage will do)
    2 cups shreaded sharp cheddar cheese (the preshredded kind works best)
    1 cup Bisquick
    1/4 cup DP Swamp Venon (I thought they might be a little salty so you could cut back on this if you want)[p]Combine the Dizzy Pig with the Bisquick. Combine all (by hand) in a big bowl ... it will eventually come together. Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball. Makes about 35-45 balls. [p]Cook at 350F with your favorite wood chips (I use apple) for 25-30 minutes indirect. I used my thermopen to make sure they were 165. I cook them in 2 batchs. [p]Smokey, spicy, cheesy .... a sure hit.

• AZRP,
    If I do these on the BGE large...What do I put the balls in to cook.. Direct or indirect... elevated grid or not. Sounds delicious..going to get the ingredients now.[p]Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas.[p]Ray Price

• BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
    AZRP,
    My handle is Babyray not Babyrat--as per typo. [p]Some may call me a rat at times...hehe...[p]Ray Price

• Babyrat,
    I just put the balls on the grid and never move them ... indirect cook with a little drip pan if you are worried about the plate setter appearance. I just let the grease drip onto the platesetter. Oh ... the platesetter is legs up with the grid on top.[p]Enjoy.
    Doug

• BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
    Smoked Signals,[p]
    Thanks, Doug and Merry Christmas to you and yours.[p]Ray Price

• wdanwdan Posts: 261
    Smoked Signals,
    These sound really good! Do you serve them hot or cold?

• WDAN,
    Hot or cold ... they make a mighty tasty breakfast. I prefer hot or warm.

• StuartStuart Posts: 110
    Smoked Signals,[p]Darn! I'm all out of Swamp Venom and would love to make these for a party this weekend. How do you think Jamaican Firewalk would work?

• stuart,
    I don't know. I've never tasted it ... but if its spicy and good on pork I'm sure it would be wonderful.