Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

What are you egging right now??

We brined a chicken in lemons, rosemary, garlic. Sea salt and bay leaves. A nice bottle of Belgian beer and more herbs and she's a beauty! Bon appetit!
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,014
    Looks awesome!!! Not egging anything today, relying on leftovers to carry us through.
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,620
    Just finished hotdogs on the mini! 400 direct, toasted the buns. =D>
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • AD18AD18 Posts: 144
    Just finished a dandy pizza.  After lots of trial and error starting to get the hang of it and results are excellent.
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 3,777
    Just got done with a shredded pork loin.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Just finished squash, eggplant, baked potato and green lightning chicken.
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
    ·
  • Meatloaf
    ·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 372
    About to be rib eyes, corn on the cob (grilled in natural wrappers), sweet potatoes started in the microwave and finished on the egg.  And some Titos.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,681
    Moon pie-just seems right!  jk-
    Louisville
    ·
  • abpgwolfabpgwolf Posts: 117
    Boneless chicken breasts, mushrooms in a cast iron skillet & baked potatos
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,273
    Just cooked 2 store bought pizzas in my KJ junior. Direct at 350. We moved into our new house May 1st and the oven has not turned on yet.
    ·
  • boochsr71boochsr71 Posts: 259
    Did a Spatchcock chicken, with zucchini and Vidalia onions with olive oil and salt and pepper

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

·
  • HokieEggHokieEgg Posts: 10
    BBQ chicken pizza (made with leftover chicken from Friday nights chicken quesadillas). It was my first cook with OO and I was very happy with it!
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 998
    Did some burgers on the mini for lunch and did a spatchcock and potatoes on the large for dinner.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·
  • Salmon and corn on the cob.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 861
    Burgers, sausage, peaches. Now laying in bed in a food coma
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • All these cooks sound fantastic!
    ·
  • kthacherkthacher Posts: 64
    Just finished a pork loin roast smoked over cherry wood, with a blackberry chutney. Awesome.
    Winnipeg, Canada
    ·
  • TigerTonyTigerTony Posts: 718
    For daughters b-day, just finished 3 slabs of back ribs on my lg bge and 6 ears of corn on my med bge. 
    Did 2-2-1 method on the ribs. I find that most people like fob so they came out great. 
    The corn I pulled the silk and coated with mayo and Tsunami Spin folded the husk back over and cooked @ 400* indirect. They loved it!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    ·
  • dgoldbdgoldb Posts: 8
    veal chops (costco), chicken breasts, corn on the cob
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,117
    Pizza Snail!
    Pizza Whatitz 9.JPG
    640 x 480 - 39K
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 291
    Cedar plank salmon...
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • Roasted nuts, chocolate chip cookies and sockeye salmon
    ·
  • We let the chook rest 30 minutes. It was amazing! Love our sittin chicken contraption. Poured the beer in a pot to reduce to a nice sauce.
    image.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 463K
    ·
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 660
    My first tri-tip!
    Large Egg, Platesetter, PSWoo2, Spider, 13" CI, BGE Pizza Stone, Lodge 7 qt DO, Lodge Skillet
    ·
  • Cured pork belly. AKA- bacon ;)
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,298
    chicken breasts.  My wife is making mushrooms with Marsala wine and rice to round out the dish. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 861
    Just seared off some Berkshire rib chops!
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·