Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone have a cracked firebox? I cleaned the grill out

TideJoeTideJoe Posts: 31
edited 1:14AM in EggHead Forum
last night and notice that my firebox has a nice crack in it. It looks like it's been there a while too. I did a good bit of high temp steak searing (800 F) this summer so I wonder if that caused it? Should I get a new one or ride this one out for a while?

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    TideJoe,
    I have cracks in all of my fireboxes. It's not a big deal at all as long as they haven't collapsed.

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    TideJoe,
    Mine has been in 4 separate pieces for about two years.....like a large, white, ceramic jigsaw puzzle. Still works great.[p]Mike

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,058
    Morning TideJoe:[p]Here's what mine looked like last March when I decided to do a full clean:[p]P3260001.jpg[p]I carefully put the jigsaw puzzle back together and it has been working fine since then. I did pick up a replacement, but it is still setting on the shelf waiting for the day I can't use this one anymore.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• TideJoe,
    See my ceramic FAQ:
    TNW

[ul][li]Ceramic FAQ[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    TideJoe,
    My dealer replaced mine free of charge. Great support team[p]Howard in Bartow

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    MR H,
    in my case, the mothership is willing, but the dealer is weak.[p]a good dealer makes ALL the difference.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante