Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Claim

Options
Had my fire ring crack during a high heat (steak) cook.  Took photos and a copy of my receipt to my dealer.  Didn't have anything in stock, so he just grabbed one out of the floor model and handed it to me, said have a great day!  Now that is service.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That's how you do it! Good dealer.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    If my firebox cracked and I tried that, my dealer would say I'm SOL and that I'd have to by a new one! My dealer sucks though.
    NW IOWA
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Better dealer would have delivered it for you... :))
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Philly35 said:
    If my firebox cracked and I tried that, my dealer would say I'm SOL and that I'd have to by a new one! My dealer sucks though.
    Contact the mothership and let them know, if that's the case.
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    Dealer and Mothership support was major reason BGE over other brands!

2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options

Dealer can tell you SOL but the Mothership will rule.  They can hook you with another dealer if necessary.

Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    My fire ring cracked, had egg for 3 years, sent photos to Bruce at big green egg, got an email back telling me it's a warranty item, to take the email to my nearest dealer since mine had gone out of business and they will order me a new one and save me shipping cost.  Or I could pay I think like $30 and have one shipped to me.  I went to my closest dealer gave them the email from big green egg, was told they would call me when it came in.  Have not heard a word from them in a year and half, I have called several times and get the same we haven't made an order because we don't move many eggs.  Egg has been working fine and now the fire box is in two pieces.  Guess it's time for more pictures, another email and a decision to try another dealer or just pay for shipping for pieces.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • wrx_02
    wrx_02 Posts: 19
    Options
    They haven't ordered because they don't sell many Eggs? That is their problem, not yours. 
    I would had called BGE after a week. They shouldn't put up with that and I bet that dealer will be getting a call.