Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first time turkey cooker

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning a turkey using garlic powder and apple cider in the drip pan.
what I need from the pro's is a little coaching, this turkey must taste better than any weber can muster up.
My Brother in law is a Web. head, and my goal is to make the simplest better tastin turkey without much spices (no beer).
thanks, Scooter. I will use the simplest recipe you can dish out.

Comments

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    Options
    scooter,
    Is the Mad Max turkey too complex for your criteria? At this late hour, that may be the best help we can give you. The directions are more thorough than I expect you're going to find anywhere else.[p]Speaking (writing?) as a recent Weber convert myself, I think you'll impress him with how juicy turkey stays on the Egg. [p]Good luck, and happy Thanksgiving!

• Zilm-disabled
    Options
    scooter, Man I wish you had posted your message earlier. For the past 2-3 years I have been using Brent's Brined Beer Butt Chicken recipe on my turkeys and everyone has raved about them. Downside is that there are no leftovers to enjoy.