Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Transporting a Large BGE

IlliniEggerIlliniEgger Posts: 53
edited 10:42PM in EggHead Forum
I have on occassion had to get my BGE somewhere other than my house to cook. Does anybody have any pictures or plans for some kind of stand to transport in?[p]Thanks,
IlliniEgger

Comments

• IlliniEgger,[p]I uused to take mine to our lake house a lot when we would go. What type of vehicle will you be taking it in?[p]In my truck, I would move it all the way up to the front of the bed, turn it 90 degress so the handle was one way and the hinge faced the other side. I used a tie down strap to hook the handle to one bed rail hole and another to tie the hinge to the other bed rail hole.
  • IlliniEgger, About 4-6 weeks ago there was a post here
    from a guy who made a carrier and it had pictures. It looked like it would work pretty well and seemed fairly simple. Search through the old posts, it should be there.

• Egg_Transporter.jpg
    <p />IlliniEgger,[p]I built an Egg Transporter for my small and large years ago and they are still going strong after transporting eggs to cookoffs, picnics, campouts, and to the lake and back.[p]The large takes two people to get it in and out, but it is rock solid for travel. I can fit two Larges in the back of my Tahoe. I used two 25" square pieces of plywood from Home Depot and some 2x4s. I pre-drilled my holes, used 3 inch deck screws along with Gorilla Glue. I'll get the dimensions of the hole and 2x4s if you are interested. Make sure you off set the 2x4s each time for structural strength.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

• GrillMeister,
    What is the length of the 2 x 4's?[p]IlliniEgger

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    IlliniEgger,
    You can get all of the details on my website in the tips section...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]