Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Breakfast - David Eyre's Pancakes

Options
From a recipe first published in the NY Times in 1966 by Craig Claiborne. 

I was looking for a pancake without the usual sodium-laden ingredients (salt, baking soda, baking powder). Came across this one and it looked so good, I HAD to try it. 

Very easy. Mix a few simple ingredients, pre-heat a CI pan to 425°, melt some butter in it, pour the mix in and bake for a bit. Add some powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon and you have a light, fluffy, delicious breakfast. Sort of a popover in a skillet. I cut the recipe in half and used an 8" pan (recipe calls for 12"). Perfect.

I almost always try new recipes in my oven before I do them on the egg. Yeah, I know. Anyway, this was no exception, but I would use a standard indirect-with-spacer setup in the egg. 

imageimageimageimageimage

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments