Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

ouch ouch hot hot

jadjad Posts: 25
Well I picked up a pair of welders gloves at Northern Tool because them seemed a thicker then the ones at Home Depot. I relize they are more fire proof then they are heat proof but last night I had a cook going at 400 degrees and then wanted to remove the plate setter. Well I put on my gloves grabbed the plate setter to just put on the ground and about half way to the ground things got HOT! Had a few choice words but did not drop it pulled off the gloves and the tips of my fingers were toasty.
Is there a glove I can wear under the welders glove? So this does not happen again. Not sure I would have been able to hold on if the cook was hotter then 400.

Comments