Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Roast

So my Awesome neighbor brought over a 10.67LB, 4 bone rib roast yesterday and asked if I had a problem cooking it on the Egg and coming over for dinner.  I DID NOT!  So I rubbed it with dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper.  Put it on my AR indirect at 300 until internal temp reached 115.  That was about 21/2 hours.  Then removed it cranked the egg up to 550 and seared it until internal reached 129.  Pulled it for a nice 30 minute rest.  Sliced up in about 1" slabs....Amazing!  The beer and wine was flowing.  What a great evening with a great family. 
Chester, MD
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Looks great. Do you have a sign in your yard "will work for food" =))

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,150
    I love that cut.  That looks great.

NOLA
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,452
    You have the best neighbors ever. Nice job.
    ·
  • Great looking roast. Neighbor of the year.
    ·
  • DIADDIAD Posts: 162
    I left the outside lights on last night hoping that he would come back....
    Chester, MD
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,367
    That looks amazing.  It has been a while since I have done a "king cut" like that.  I would eat myself into a coma.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Sweet! Great color too!

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·