Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Roast

So my Awesome neighbor brought over a 10.67LB, 4 bone rib roast yesterday and asked if I had a problem cooking it on the Egg and coming over for dinner.  I DID NOT!  So I rubbed it with dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper.  Put it on my AR indirect at 300 until internal temp reached 115.  That was about 21/2 hours.  Then removed it cranked the egg up to 550 and seared it until internal reached 129.  Pulled it for a nice 30 minute rest.  Sliced up in about 1" slabs....Amazing!  The beer and wine was flowing.  What a great evening with a great family. 
Chester, MD
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Looks great. Do you have a sign in your yard "will work for food" =))

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,281
    I love that cut.  That looks great.

NOLA
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,835
    You have the best neighbors ever. Nice job.
    ·
  • Great looking roast. Neighbor of the year.
    ·
  • DIADDIAD Posts: 170
    I left the outside lights on last night hoping that he would come back....
    Chester, MD
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,891
    That looks amazing.  It has been a while since I have done a "king cut" like that.  I would eat myself into a coma.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Sweet! Great color too!

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·