Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Show me pics of your Adjustable Rig (AR)...please

Just learned about these.  Can't believe this one slipped past me.  

Seattle. LBGE. Vikings. Beer.

·

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    You can find pics and explanations of probably every configuration for the AR here: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/big-green-egg-large-adjustable-rig.html

Click on the red "tabs" for the area you're interested in like "grilling" or "BBQing", etc...
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • KeeferKeefer Posts: 120
    Here's mine on a large with 3 butts finishing off. I could have easily fit a 4th one. image
    image.jpg 1.1M
    ·
  • image Here is mine in action I am defiantly still a newb but the AR is my favorite part of my egg.
    image.jpg 307.1K
    Lexington TN
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,337
    I watched the ceramic grill store you tube video and decided the setup for the chicken would best suit me
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Here's one I did with chicken on top and potatoes and veggies underneath. It was delicious.
    ·
  • Thanks guys.  My mind is blown.

Seattle. LBGE. Vikings. Beer.

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,276
    I want one of these, I'm doing ok without it but I feel like I'm missing out.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    Keefer said:

Here's mine on a large with 3 butts finishing off. I could have easily fit a 4th one.

I fit five on my large last week. It blocked the airflow too much though and forced my guru's fan to run the whole time. I ran out of charcoal in just seven or eight hours. Four is the max I'd do again.
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 600
    jls9595 said:
    I want one of these, I'm doing ok without it but I feel like I'm missing out.
    Order one now - It is the best. 
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • Nine racks for my dad's birthday
    image.jpg 80.7K

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    What, I guess I just keep my stuff cleaner than you do. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Here's mine with the sliding D grid and extention
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • 3 racks of baby backs with plenty of space for more.
    image.jpg 2.5M
    image.jpg 2.6M
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Houston, TX
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    What, I guess I just keep my stuff cleaner than you do. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Is this cause you still have "people" to do that for you?  LOL!
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
    Mickey said:
    Is this cause you still have "people" to do that for you?  LOL!

Yep. All that ends this Friday.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    edited February 2014
    Turbo Ribs image

·
  • @Mickey Congratulations on the upcoming retirement.  I will be boarding that same boat in May.  Really looking forward to the time it will afford to further pursue a few hobbies.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • marcfedmarcfed Posts: 42
    edited February 2014
    @Keefer @MJLivingston, @mickey.... is there a platesetter still in use? I can not really tell from the picture, or is there simply just another rack? What is wrapped in foil?
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,262
    Granted this is not a mass produced AR. However (for me) it serves its purpose and is versatile. Made it using a 16 grid, 5" ss carriage bolts, (4) ss washers, (4) ss nuts and (4) ss rounded head cap nuts at bottom (using on a LBGE). I already had a ps and pizza stone so, couldn't justify the expense of buying a true AR. Had I known about AR prior to buying ps etc can definitely see the benefit of an AR.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 600
    marcfed said:
    @Keefer @MJLivingston, @mickey.... is there a platesetter still in use? I can not really tell from the picture, or is there simply just another rack? What is wrapped in foil?
    @Mickey is using the oval set-up in the picture.  It comes with an oval stone so there is no need for a platesetter.  That is the foil ring (with foil wrapped around it) sitting on top of the stone to catch the grease.
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • @marcfed I went with the customer combo so I don't have the oval grid like Mickey mine is a 13" stone sitting in the spider. I never have used a plate setter luckily when I went to my local egg dealer they were out at the time and a lot of people her recommend the AR so that's what I chose and really like this set upimage
    image.jpg 168K
    image.jpg 290.5K
    Lexington TN
    ·
    edited February 2014
    marcfed said:

Just what MJ said above. Mine is the oval. Look up the post and that is it. The oval covers the ends of ribs or double pizzas

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,310
    nothing warms my heart more than seeing a messy, greased up rig.....

thanks for sharing....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·