Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked potato

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does a baked potato taste any better on the egg? If so direct or indirect? Or does anybody have a yummy way of doing it?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    DSCF0068.jpg
    <p />cutlet,[p]I cook at least 2 large bakers, at 400 indirect until done. I coat with EVOO and Kosher salt. Wrap in foil.
    After they are done, I let them cool down and slice in half. Spooning out the potato and place in a mixing bowl. Then I add bacon I have cooked on the egg, but a good Bacon Bits will work.
    1 egg
    A little milk
    A little mayo
    Sorry, I don't have exact measurements.
    A little Raging River
    Cheddar cheese, finely shredded[p]Mix together, put back in the shell, back on the egg, add chopped green onions.[p]Just cook until hot, over cooking will dry out the tater.[p]Mike [p]As a side note, this is the best time to try a dessert. You have a great clean burning fire.

• tinman
    tinman Posts: 42
    Options
    I cook direct about 300 for a couple hrs, poke with a fork to check. although not sure if they are better on the egg, they are definitely better after putting pulled pork, butter and sauce on it!
    Jorge
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Pretty!

• locolongball
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    You are the man, that looks awesome! BTW, Egg video will be heading you way this week. Been up in Alabama working for the last couple of weeks so haven't had the chance. [p]oh yeah....Go Irish!