Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well I left the Mothership !

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
Then we stopped at The Varsity for desert (the brats and sauerkraut did not fill me up at BGE). On to Macon to hit the Rookery before driving on in to Cocoa Beach.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Willieb9000
    Options
    Hope you enjoy the rookery after we all talked it up so much! Let us know!
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Going for the Jimmy Carter shake ( with bacon) and the local beef James Brown black &blue burger !!! I'm sure it will be good !!!!

• dldawes1
    Options
    Delicious !! Met every expectation.

I appreciate you guys !!!!!! wMBO says thanks too !!! It must have been good !!!

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    @dldawes1 ........."whatta ya have?" I hope you got a frosted orange when you went to the varsity! Now that you've eatin at the varsity you won't need conditioner for your hair for a week!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Slow and low in cocoa beach is about the only bbq joint around. I imagine if you went further south you'd be able to find something. Slow and low is nothin pretty but it was really good. I'd go back for sure. If seafood is what your after dont look further Florida seafood.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the Rookery. Safe travels
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Yes on the frosted orange!!!! Yes on the Slow n Low !!! I lived in Marietta for 8 years back in my other lifetime and visited The Varsity several times before/after games.

Slow n Low is also a jewel I found sometime back while in Cocoa Beach. The Brazas Brazilian Grill is probably my fav but I like seafood too, and pizza, and etc, and etc....!!!!!!

I really do appreciate you folks helping me decide in Macon.....I recommend the Rookery !!!

If you need suggestions from anywhere I've been, please just ask !!!!

Donnie

• MeridianSun
    Options
    Living close to Macon I've always wondered if the rookery was good. I always see the billboard south of Forsyth... I'll have to try it now.
    Large Big Green Egg, Griffin Georgia 
  • dldawes1
    Options

@GREGE345...Slow & Low was good last night. Of course it wasn't as good as would have been off a BGE !!!!  My brisket is as good as theirs !!!!!!! 

Have I already said, "I love my BGE" ?????

Next Stop.....Cococay, Bahamas.

Donnie