Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Big Green Egg Owners

2»

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    Everything posted here is correct imho except royal oak sucks...BGE lump is expensive but I get more cooks per load. The one unforgivable thing not mentioned...stop what ever the hell you're doing and order a mangrate...

Also, don't ever dis anyone's favorite lump...them's fighting words.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,066
    Lol
    ·
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 238
    1. Get a pair of welders gloves to move hot equipment around. Better than mitts. 2. Dizzy Pig rubs. 3. Spatchcock. Learn to say it without snickering. 4. Spend a lot of time on this forum and the websites mentioned within. 5. Find a way to increase your fun $budget. You will will need it for more alcohol, grill toys, and better cuts of meat. 6. Listen to the guys who posted above. They've been at it longer than I have.
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
    ·
  • Here is my QuickStart guide I wrote, but I think pretty much everything has been covered in above posts:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1161232/bge-newbie-quickstart-guide#latest

And for recipes, you could go through @griffin blog and have new stuff to try for a year!
    http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/recipes-2/
    Chicago, Illinois
    ·
  • Henny and those damn mangrates
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • AcornAcorn Posts: 145
    Good thermometer to measure internal temp........no watch. These people are so helpful as you can see....
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
    ·
  • Check out BigGreenCraig.com for how-tos and recipes. 

·
  • Miked125Miked125 Posts: 259
    Just got mine too, currently building a table so I haven't used it yet. I have used weber smokers and grills for a while, so I hope the learning curve is somewhat shorter.
    ·
  • Check out BigGreenCraig.com for how-tos and recipes. 
    I agree!!!! That blog is awesome and has great pictures to.

·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,202
    I've become a big fan of the Smokeware SS Chimney Cap. I'd add it to your list of eggcessories.

Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·