Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

No more green feet!

Just left my egg dealer's shop... They told me that the green feet aren't being made anymore! Have any of you heard this?
SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,863
    Yup-been the new normal for well better than a year now.  Have never heard of the thought process...
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 526
    Heard that also.  I agree with my dealer who said he wished BGE would stop making toys, candles, etc and actually make more cooking tools.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    I lucked up... They had one set left and I got them. <:-P
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,775
    edited January 2014
    they replaced green feet with table nest and charge extra $$, business 101  :D

someone mentioned you can use terracotta flower pot feet instead, available at big box garden centres:
    canuckland
  • Or Ace Hdw. 3/4 " copper T,ees 3 or 4. cheap enough. Or lowes or Home Depot.
  • I thought I seen a "spin off" of the BGE feet selling over on Ebay ... might take a look
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax