Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Berkshire pork.

Options
Got a bunch delivered from a company in Mankato, MN.  Pork Chops killed.  Pork Shoulder was far and away better than any other shoulder (20+) I've ever done.  Baby back ribs in the freezer, can't wait.  Berkshire, in my book, is totally worth it.

Comments

• HawkeyeEgghead
    Options

I've been looking to buy Berkshire here in Iowa with no luck.  More pigs then people in this state and still can't find a retailer.  Care sharing your vendor as I'd like to try these little piggy's out?  Thank you in advance.

• ringkingpin
    Options
    Nice!  I love good pork.  Around here, unless you go out of your way, it's very tough to find certain cuts that aren't soaking in a "brine."  So, we buy from various places, good pork and man the difference is huge.  I just bought a bunch of berkshire rib roasts and tenderloins through Allen Brothers.  
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • eggteeth
    Options
    Prairie Pride Farms in Mankato, MN.  You can order online.  I'd recommend the 2" boneless pork chops as well as the shoulder and the baby back ribs.