Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone in Pork Chop Roast (Rack of Pork)

Options
I bought a little over 8 lbs today with the tenderloin still attached. Cooking for a lunch tomorrow. I'll cook indirect at around 350-375 until 140 internal and then sear and tent. Should I season tonight and put it in the fridge, or will the salt rob the meat of moisture? If so, it might be better to wait until tomorrow morning and season 30 minutes before throwing in the Egg.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• Loosemoose
    Loosemoose Posts: 295
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What did you end up doing and how did they turn out?
    I guess maybe you haven't done them yet.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Melhill3
    Options
    From what I've read, one either salts well in advance or just before cooking. Dry brining seems to be the best option but only if the pork you are cooking has not already been "enhanced" at the processing plant.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    About to throw it on. Responses were understandably slow around midnight last night, so I decided to wait until this morning. Should I maybe sear it first and then cook indirect? I also think I'm going to cut in half before throwing it on. This thing is just about the full grate width.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590