Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

one down, two to go

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Momma kat brought home three 3.5-4.0 pound boneless round rump roasts as they looked good and "beefy"! In her opinion between some marinade connoction and the BGE I can tenderize shoe leather (do I have her fooled or what?) Well, I looked for a recipe for this cut, but found nothing, so I settled on the Tri-Tip approach. I even let it sit for 48 hours in the marinade instead of the 24 and then 24 in the rub instead of 12...thinking the extra time should do the trick. I followed the Tri-Tip directions and pulled it off when polder reached 135. Bottom line...it was a piece of over cooked still tough meat. I hate to waste so much food, but we won't revisit that thing again and garbage pickup is Friday so bye bye roast. My question then is what do I do with the remaining 8 pounds of meat? Any recipes out there, gang? Thanks in advance. ^oo^~

Comments