Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quiche. There ! I said it.

... and I'm not turning in my man card !!!  The reason is that this is a Man's Quiche.  I call it Rambo Quiche.  Just look at the raws.  What real man wouldn't drool over such an array.  Bacon, shrimp, eggs, butter, onions, cayenne, jalapeños, cheese.

I did the initial crust in the oven, and caramelized the onions on the stove.  Forgive me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    edited November 2013
    Well, I am not gonna be the first

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,189
    I love quiche. I stand with VI.
    ·
  • I love queef. I stand with VI.

Fixed

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • You HAVE to teach me to how to do that!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • You HAVE to teach me to how to do that!
    Me?  Teach you what?  How to be obnoxious?  Sorry, that takes years of practice.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • I was talking about the way MCN "modified" Eggcelsior's post. Nice job on the pie BTW, shrimp is an interesting change.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Likes quiche & loves near Austin. Its all starting to make sense now.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

I love queef. I stand with VI.

Fixed
    You made me LOL.

·
  • This is a record.  My thread has been hijacked in less than 4 posts.  I'm so proud to be a leader.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

This is a record.  My thread has been hijacked in less than 4 posts.  I'm so proud to be a leader.

At least I was initially on point.

I'm totally moving to Austin so I can skinny dip in CT's pool with Travis' lobsters while juggling TFJ's knives. You can take reaction shots from Mickey's Tacoma while he grills up some of his famous wings for modified dodgeball.

Texas is where it's at.
    ·
  • Thanks for putting us back on point, Eggy.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • This is a record.  My thread has been hijacked in less than 4 posts.  I'm so proud to be a leader.
    At least I was initially on point. I'm totally moving to Austin so I can skinny dip in CT's pool with Travis' lobsters while juggling TFJ's knives. You can take reaction shots from Mickey's Tacoma while he grills up some of his famous wings for modified dodgeball. Texas is where it's at.
    Apparently they have some spectacular pedicure places too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Good LS. If VI is Fred Astaire, I'm Ginger Rodgers.

Everything I do is backwards and in heels.
    ·
  • Anybody around here like quiche?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Only in secret when the lights are off and nobody can see me.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,276
    I don't think less of you for cooking quiche...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    I don't think less of you for cooking quiche...
    How could you?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • I am shuddering here...just thought of VI in that scene from American Pie. He really loves quiche. :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    edited November 2013
    You HAVE to teach me to how to do that!
    Me?  Teach you what?  How to be obnoxious?  Sorry, that takes years of practice.   :D
    Pardon my uppity-ness, but some are born with it :D

Back on topic - I love quiche. The top must be decorated artistically though with tomatoes, bell peppers, or whatever. I like to use Mrs. Smith's (or something like that) premade crusts - I'm not much of a baker and they are flakier than the Pillsbury ones. The custard of a quiche is supposed to be somewhat runny, but I prefer a more solid consistency. like the one you made, VI.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    23K+ posts and MCN needs to teach you something??? I'm taking you down from the pedestal I once placed you on.

·
  • I'm sorry I'm busy preparing noisettes de agneau. I have no time to engage in this gay banter. =((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    LS - we only tease the ones we love... even if they do speak a little French. 

·

• caliking said:
    23K+ posts and MCN needs to teach you something??? I'm taking you down from the pedestal I once placed you on.
    It's kind of something you've either got or you don't "little" steven

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·

I'm sorry I'm busy preparing noisettes de agneau. I have no time to engage in this gay banter. =((

Time to draw a bath, light some candles, and put on some Enya.
    ·
  • Perhaps a nice merlot?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I want some Quiche now.  The one restaurant in town that would put seafood into their breakfast dishes went out of business before I became interested in cooking things myself. Used to have a shrimp and crab omelet that was fantastic.  But it was so long ago I can't even think of what the base would be to try and recreate it.  Nicely done VI. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • We make a crust less spinach quiche about once a week. It's so yummy
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Anybody around here like quiche?
    I love it and that version looks awesome.  Never understood how scrambled egg pie could be considered a girly dish.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,306
    Looks great.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Excellent !!!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
    ·