Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying to decide on dinner

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribeye6.jpg
<p />I was going through some old pics when I came across the ChefWil Blackened Ribeyes.[p]I think I've made my decision.[p]Off to the store.[p]Mike

Comments

• ajay
    ajay Posts: 47
    Options
    Lawn Ranger, Man that decision is a no brainer. After looking at that photo and wiping the drool off my keyboard, all I can say is wow! Those blackened ribeyes are beauties.
  • Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]OK! OK! I surrender .... now give me the details on how to cook such a GREAT looking hunk 'o beef!
  • cousintx
    Options
    Wow! No need debating any longer on what to cook on Friday night! Is the recipe posted anywhere?
  • cousintx
    Options
    Wow! No need debating any longer on what to cook on Friday night! Is the recipe posted anywhere?
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Meinbmw,
    I do these just like I would a TRex.....with some minor modifications. I season with Dizzy Pig Cow lick then dip each steak in melted butter to coat each side. I get the griddle to between 600 - 700 and sear the steaks for approx. 75-90 seconds per side. [p]Take them off and let rest 15-18 minutes while wiping the griddle clean and replacing it on the grid. After the rest,...return steaks to griddle for a couple of minutes per side at 400 to finish. It's a really great change of pace.[p]Mike