Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finger Food Ideas?

DMWDMW Posts: 6,631
Having some folks over tomorrow night. Kiddos will head out trick or treating and the adults handing out candy and consuming beverages. Looking for finger food ideas from the BGE. So far have Sliders, ABT's, and the S'mores in a Cone recipe on the BGE site planned. Looking for more ideas, just did MOINK balls last weekend, so they're off the list. Need more kid friendly ideas as they won't touch the ABT's, afraid of the heat. Looking for things with compatible cooking methods, as only one egg here.

TIA,
DMW
My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
·

Comments

• If you can get them, chicken wing drumettes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Lil' smokies are a great finger food.  Bacon wrapped, pig in blanket style, or just plain.  Bacon wrapped tater tots also come to mind.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    Sausage cheese balls, meatball sliders (you can do all kinds of variteties, I like using chicken and making a buffalo wing style one), stuffed mushrooms...all done on the Egg of course.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    Stuffed dates wrapped in bacon, pig shots (haven't tried them yet but they look really good, sausage bread or chicken wings are some other ideas.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    Pig shots are always a favorite.
    Louisville
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,631
    Thanks for all the ideas so far, keep them coming! Looking for "low mess" options. Thinking some mini calzones...
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,612
    Smoked Bean Dip
    Grilled Potato Skins with bacon, cheddar, and Frank's Red Hot.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Barbecue pot stickers are a favorite here http://www.nibblemethis.com/2013/10/appetizer-bbq-beef-brisket-potstickers.html

A bit of work but get rave reviews at parties.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    edited October 2013
    Stick meat of some kind, satays, spedini, kebabs etc.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,982
    buffalo chicken dip, lobster dip, shrimp dip.....easy to make a lot and filling. you could cook the buffalo chicken dip and then put it in tostitos scoops and rebake in the egg with a little more cheese on top to melt
    ·