Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This took longer than I expected but the smile on his face made it all more than worth while :)

So my 3 year old wasn't too pumped up about halloween.  He was having a hard time deciding what he wanted to be.  We looked at some catalogs and pics online to give him ideas but he wasn't biting.  So I explained how much fun Halloween is and that he can be "anything you want."  He thought for a couple of seconds, smiled and said "Gordon The Train!"  So be it, lol.  I figured I'd have it done in a couple hours.  Probably took me as long or longer as it takes to do a brisket on the egg but like the title says, seeing his big smile made it all worth the effort. 

This looks like a train, right?  Conception started Monday night:

I was trying to make myself feel like I had accomplished something

Paint set a new tone

Final, finished product, complete with a backlit face :)
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,465
    Just too cute! Eons ago I dressed my son up as a beer can. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    You know -- that is pretty awesome!!!
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    ...and next year, you could tweak it here and there, paint it black, and he could go as a Traeger!
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • troutgeek said:
    ...and next year, you could tweak it here and there, paint it black, and he could go as a Traeger!
    haha, I could! lol... I sold my Traeger years ago...  Whatever it is we do next year, I'm gonna start in August, I was behind the 8 ball a bit this past week.
     Brillat-Savarin
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,364
    That's cool as heck, and will be the best costume in the neighborhood.

Did you folks see that LED "stickman" someone did for their kid on the news?  That was cool too (Blue Man Group had something similar in their shows).  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • Too Cute, Better attach a caboose for all his candy,
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Thanks Guys!  Holepuncher (funny name) the "tender" is actually where the candy goes and when it fills up like it did last night, it gets quite heavy!  The entire costume is border line too big but hey, that's what he wanted to be.  When it got to be too much, we just took it off him and he was an engineer. :)
     Brillat-Savarin
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,673
    Dude, that's awesome. 100 parent points.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,152
    Most excellent! That is a million dollar picture.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jcm806jcm806 Posts: 10
    Nice job, time well spent.
    James. Large Big Green Egg 2013. Alabaster, AL
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude." - Thomas Jefferson
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Very nice, great job and he looks happy happy happy
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,013
    Totally awesome!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.