Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ideas for Party?

I am hosting a party for about 15 adults and 15 kids a week from Sunday and want to use my bge to make something good that at least the adults would enjoy. The last time I hosted a party for this group I made pork butt which went over great. I live in Indiana so chances are there will be a chill in the air so was thinking about chili but wanted to see if anyone here had any better ideas?? Thanks, in advance, for the help.
·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 6,590
    Inside semi-formal sit down affair or outdoor fall picnic? Would help direct what I was cooking. I'm sure the ideas will come.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    WINGS!  :)
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,367
    edited October 2013
    Pulled beef is another easy way to feed a crowd.  Here are a couple of recipes:

On the second one you may consider cutting down on the jalapenos since there are kids. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,453
    I'm making chicken pot pie without the crust. I guess it would then be called creamed chicken over biscuits all done on the egg. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • I like to do Jay’s Shrimp Burgers with Wasabi Aioli.  Everything can be made ahead of time and then it's just a quick cook -- about 3 or 4 min on each side.  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2013
    On my last party for 40 people adults and kids, we made personal pizzas. We got a kit from amazon here.

http://www.amazon.com/Pizzacraft-PC0003-Ceramic-Baking-Stones/dp/B005IF2YNS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381936998&sr=8-3&keywords=pizza+stone+mini

We had a large amount of dough ready to go, and we had every topping under the sun displayed in nice glass bowls. I had the XL and the Large fired up, the wife sent 4 people in at a time, and every 10mins I was kicking out 4 more pies. It went very well, and EVERYONE was impressed with the taste of the pies, they all said by far best pizzas they ever had.

IMHO it is really cool and a great way to get everyone talking and interacting, plus if you are comfortable banging out that many pizzas, it is really fun! I love the reactions on peoples faces when they take that first bite!

Have fun, GL.

-KCCO

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,247
    Pork tenderloin sliders.. We use Hawaiian bread.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • You could do a fajita bar. Cook a couple of spatchcocks and some flank steak as well as some grilled onions and peppers plus all the necessary condiments. Let everyone go through and fix things just the way they like them.

The kids might even enjoy it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Thanks for all the help so far!!  To answer one of the questions, it will be more of an informal party(combining it with pumpkin carving) and always happy to do hot dogs for the kids if the adult food won't work for the kids.  Anyone done chilli?
    ·
  • You could do a fajita bar. Cook a couple of spatchcocks and some flank steak as well as some grilled onions and peppers plus all the necessary condiments. Let everyone go through and fix things just the way they like them.

The kids might even enjoy it.
    That is a great idea!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,590
    edited October 2013
    Pizzas are good for something like that. As you pull a pie off and cool it prep another. While the next is cooking, slice the cooled pie and folks can grab a slice. You can even cook to order with guests customizing toppings. I haven't done chilli, I know others have. Baked beans using the recipe from the BGE website us great as well.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,774
    bsgator said:
    Thanks for all the help so far!!  To answer one of the questions, it will be more of an informal party(combining it with pumpkin carving) and always happy to do hot dogs for the kids if the adult food won't work for the kids.  Anyone done chilli?
    Cow lick chilli is very good.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • bsgator said:
    Egret has a hell of a good chili recipe! It's in recipes on the other forum. "Egret's Cowlick Chili". I do a white bean and turkey chili that is different and always goes over well. Stews pick up nice flavour from the egg.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,350
    BRISKET!!!!!
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • It breaks my heart thata Florida Gator has no party ideas. What is this world coming to?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I had some friends over last weekend and made some bbq pulled pork egg rolls. 

The pork butt roast spent the day cooking in the egg. Meanwhile, I made an awesome sauce:

Pulled the pork, put together the mixture, rolled them up and fried them 5 at a time in some oil on the wok.

They were a huge hit, and super easy.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,247

It breaks my heart thata Florida Gator has no party ideas. What is this world coming to?

Can you cook kleenex on the egg?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·