Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Suggestions on BBQ places

Leaving tomorrow to head to Eggtoberfest from Annapolis Maryland, any suggestions of BBQ places to stop at to try ? I will be traveling down I-85 and making a stop in Charlotte.
Key Largo,Florida  
2-LBGE, High Que grates, Kick Ash Baskets, SmokeWear Caps, Adjustable Rig, Woo, Stoker II, Amaz-n-smoker, Thermapen, Rockwood charcoal
Mini Max, No accessories yet !

Gambrills,Maryland
2-LBGE, same accessories as in Florida
·

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350
    Once in Atlanta, try DBA BBQ or Fox Brothers, both are very good.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • Hic said:
    Once in Atlanta, try DBA BBQ or Fox Brothers, both are very good.
      +1 on Fox Bros in Atlanta! 

1238 Dekalb Ave
    Atlanta Ga 30307
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
    ·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 966

There were some recommendations from guys in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area in this thread:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1155529/ot-road-trip-looking-for-some-good-bbq-philadelphia-pa-to-kiawah-island-sc

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 81

There is a Jack's Old South BBQ in Brasleton, GA just a little ways off I-85.

(and +1 for Fox Bros in Atlanta)

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 189
    edited October 2013

Here are some for NC.

I will start you off in the order of places you will hit going down I85 to Charlotte. There are more, but these are ones I like.

-Bullocks BBQ
    3330 Quebec Dr Durham, NC 27705
    (919) 383-3211

-Hillsborough BBQ Company
    236 S Nash St Hillsborough, NC 27278
    (919) 732-4647

-Hursey’s BBQ
    1834 S Church St Burlington, NC 27215
    (336) 226-1694

-Lexington Barbecue (Lexington is the Capital of Western NC style bbq)
    101 West Center Street Extension
    Lexington, NC 27295
    (336) 249-9814

-Midwood Smokehouse
    1401 Central Ave Charlotte, NC 28205
    (704) 295-4227

Must-stops on this list are Hillsborough BBQ Company, Lexington, and Midwood. Be sure to bring cash-some do not take plastic.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • Thanks for the info
    Key Largo,Florida  
    2-LBGE, High Que grates, Kick Ash Baskets, SmokeWear Caps, Adjustable Rig, Woo, Stoker II, Amaz-n-smoker, Thermapen, Rockwood charcoal

Gambrills,Maryland
    ·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 562
    Some suggestions in the Atlanta Magazine:
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,457
    +1 on Fox Bros. and also Heirloom BBQ
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    ·
  • This place is just off of 85 about 20 minutes from Charlotte.  Just a hole in the wall, cash only, limited parking and seating.

Kyle Fletcher's BBQ & Catering
    Address: 4507 Wilkinson Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28056
    Phone:(704) 824-1956
    Prices:
    $$$$

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 179
    Fox Brothers in ATL...hands down
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
  • Not far off of I-85, both Hillsborough BBQ Company (in Hillsborough, NC) and Hursey's BBQ (in Burlington, NC) get my vote.  
    ·
  • I ended up stopping at Midwood Smokehouse, food was awesome !
    Key Largo,Florida  

Gambrills,Maryland
    ·