Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    Great information. Thanks! 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,521
    Thanks for the link. I wondered what value added might mean. I see that it means ribs pre-trimmed in various ways. Must admit, of what they offer, I've only ever heard of St. Louis style. Colorado, NYC style, etc, nope. I wonder why some cuts are from somewhat heavier than average slabs, and other lighter.

There are so many cuts, known by so many names. I'm often bewildered.  A few days ago, I came across a reference to a "pork brisket" cut. Described as a small portion of the picnic and the spare section left together. Wish there was a tutorial showing a carcass. Cut like so, its called a picnic. Cut this, its called spare ribs. Cut in between the 2, its called a brisket, and is really good to cook this way...

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I know that nice even cook is in the STL but I think I prefer a Carolina or a Colorado.
    ·
  • The type ribs I prefer over all others, are called commodity ribs in our local business Costco This type of rib has nothing cut off and weighs about 5 1/2 pounds per rack The commodity ribs are always the lowest price
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    Good information... Thanks for sharing!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·