Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Tool guys! What do you think?

Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,519
edited October 2013 in Off Topic

Ok.  I'm going to look at a Rockwell BladeRunner off CL tomorrow.  They claim it was used once and they're asking $75.  Amazon sells it for $150.

What do you think?  Anyone own one?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Link?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • Here's the link.  The photos suck so I wasn't sure how helpful it would be.

http://flint.craigslist.org/tls/4010728167.html

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,352
    You should be able to tell pretty easily if it was used more than "once".

For $75, just buy it. If you get it, like it, and want a new one, you can probably sell that one for near or what you paid for it. Then get the new one. I did that with a 12" dual bevel compound miter saw. Actually made a few bucks on the used one, after I waited for the new one to go on super sale

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • I'm sure they have their uses. For me it seems a little gimmicky. With that being said I dabble in cabinetry and furniture. For $75 it doesn't seem like a bad deal.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416

Well, it isn't a Binford...
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169

Make an offer and see if the seller bites, never pay the asking price.

Except for the first 4 reviews here it doesn't look like many people like it.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=26863&max=999

·