Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mesquite Dutch Oven Stew

First time doing a cook requiring simmering.  Worked like a charm at 350-400 direct.  Quietly simmered and no boil over even when very full.

Used some mesquite, and the stew was smokey flavored.  Future cooks will be chili and chicken soup.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• That looks great Doc, congrats. Definitely a must do.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,840
    Nice, love the dutch oven/egg combo.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • Love me some DO cooking.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Awesome cook Doc
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Great looking cook Doc!  You've inspired me.  It's a rainy dutch oven stew kinda day here in Michigan today.  Too bad I have a couple of pork loins defrosted.  Oh well, I'll just have to muddle through!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,626

Real, real nice, Doc!

Just a perfect occasion for a sip of the Irish "water of life"!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·