Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Brisket :-)

Thursday night was prep night. keeping it simple this time . Salt and Pepper on the fat cap, Dizzy Dust and Cow lick rub down. Wrapped in plastic and refrigerated until this morning. Last night I injected it while still wrapped with a marinade made from beef broth, dizzy dust and cow lick. Injection was cooked ,strained and cooled prior to use. Smoked ( 7hrs ) with Hickory at 225* with fat cap down. foiled at 140* removed at 190* wrapped in towels and put in cooler for two hours to stabilize . This was a seven pound Angus from Rest. Depot
imageimageimage
Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
·

Comments

• Those are some close-up pics!

Looks good. Man I love brisket.
    ·
  • looks good...

is an hour a pound the general rule? I picked up a 5.5 pounder from Costco today
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    I'd eat that

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Don't worry about leftovers, I will be there shortly!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Thank you all !
    Sodi , I just put the thermo probe into the thickest part of the meat and let it go. Time will vary , but the temp is the only dependable way I have found to cook large cuts of meat .
    Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
    ·