Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tomorrow night's dinner is on

FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 595
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Just put tomorrow nights brisket in. This will be my first overnight low and slow brisket. I have done two using the "Travis method" but none over night. Grill is settled in around 225 and I have some big chunks of white oak in with it.
image.jpg 750K
image.jpg 603.1K
·

Comments

• Great pics, good luck!
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • Love the yard
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,840
    Enjoy, I love overnight cooks.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • It's been holding between 210 and 220 with the outside air at 56 degrees. Im going to bed and ill check on it in a few hours.
    ·
  • Just went and checked the temp had climbed a bit. It was up around 280 to 290. I decided to open it and see what the temp of the meat was. So at ten hours it was 156 in the flat. Looks like I got a ways to go.
    ·
  • At fifteen hours it is still only 165 in the flat and 170 in the point. We are getting there but very slowly.
    image.jpg 903.2K
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 332
    That looks good. I wish my family would eat brisket, I would cook me up a big ol piece meat like that. Unfortunately I am the only one that would eat it and most of it would probably go to waste.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • FINALLY done was on for almost 17 hours. I had to cut the tip off of the flat to taste it. All I can say is YUMMMM. Can't wait to eat it tonight. The second pic is a small cooler that I was able to fit it into.
    image.jpg 776.9K
    image.jpg 727.6K
    ·