Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight's dinner

I had to stop at restaurant depot on the way home for a few things. While there I found a 10 lb packer marked down to 1.79 a lb. then I had some time to kill before I could make a return for the wife. So I decided to stop at Wegmans. While there they had whole filets marked down to $6.50 lb. so I bought the whole thing. So for dinner tonight we are having filet and after that comes off I plan to put the brisket on. I'm unable to post pics right now. I'll try later
·

Comments

• It was absolutely tasty. I was asked how come I only cooked three steaks.
    image.jpg 713K
    image.jpg 932.8K
    image.jpg 815.9K
    ·
  • Did you have a lot of trimming waste?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • No I did not trim anything off. As u can see I ate the tail piece that as my wife said " the piece that looks like it was already chewed". That was before she tasted hers. If that is what already chewed up food taste like I will eat it every day of the week. No wonder baby birds like the food they get from their mother. All in all a+ for excel choice filet from wegmans.
    ·
  • That's great. Any time I've gotten a whole tenderloin from a grocery chain there has been a pound of fat and silverskin.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Sweet..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·