Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Using the BBQ Guru in the rain

Does anyone out there know if the blower is waterproof?

I intend to use today in the rain. The controller will be under cover (plastic bucket) but what about the blower... is it waterproof ?
·

Comments

• I have never trusted mine to be waterproof. I use an aluminum foil tent over the blower that I secure to the exposed round shaft.
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,108
    edited September 2013

. I do the tin foil tent also.

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,784
    I'd Jerry rig a 5 gallon bucket to it, and cut out the bottom of the bucket to allow air flow, if time permits.
    ·
  • That all makes a lot of sense

Cheers

·
  • The Gurus are not waterproof.  They are water resistant, per BBQ Guru.  I place my control unit in a zip loc bag and make sure there is something above the blower to stop the rain from getting to it.  Usually, I trust my umbrella to do that.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Thanks 

·
  • BTW: I used the Guru for the first time at the weekend (in the rain)

Got the best ribs and brisket I have every had

·