Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to cook for Dad's 60th

Options
Hamm
Hamm Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All of my family is coming to my house for my Dad's 60th. From TX, UT, IN, and OH, they are excited about the BBQ feast I have promised. The only thing is, I have no idea what to cook. They all have had pulled pork , brisket, and chicken. I need something to show them that the Egg is worth the hype. I've got a large and a small....any ideas. Cooking for 15-20.

Comments

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Hamm,
    First I would shake em' up with some ABTs that always makes a big impression. Then hit em' with some baby backs and baked beans. I'm sure you know that nothing does a rib better than the Egg.

• guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Options
    4509873400.jpg
    <p />Hamm,[p]What jake42 said, plus I would try a batch of hot wings. I fit 15 lbs. of costco wings in my large no probs. Can do in advance.[p]I would suggest maybe doing a salmon for your dad too.[p]Have a good one and aloha!
  • mattyg
    mattyg Posts: 20
    Options
    jake42, what an ABT?

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Gregg,
    I did two spatchcocked chickens last night over guava wood. One I rubbed with Ragin' River and the other with Montreal's Chicken rub. UMMMM UMMMMM GOOD! The wife will be making chicken salad out of the left-overs today. Hamm may want to do that. Spatchcocked chickens are so visually appealing![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • BTG
    BTG Posts: 76
    Options
    mattyg,[p]Atomic Buffalo Turd.[p]Jalapenos, cream cheese, rub of choice, pulled pork or little smokey, wrapped in bacon and smoked indirectly. Awesome. Not too hot if you remove the seeds and veins on the inside of the peppers. See link for picture from RRP. Search the forum for receipes.[p]BTG
    [ul][li]ABT picture[/ul]
  • clausenk
    Options
    Hamm,[p]Dizzy Pig's Raging River Maple butter Salmon will have even fish hating teenagers returning for seconds.[p]Clausen

• Hamm,
    I have found that on the day of the event that if you will start out with Irish coffee, then some champagne morning drinks, by the time the bbq is served no one really cares.
    This could be a plan B
    360 guy-gary

• Hamm, a 60th only comes around one time, make it special.
    I would serve smoked turkey breast with gravy, and marinated london broil. It will be great and they will think that you area great outdoor chef!

• Hamm,[p]I agree with Geezer- make it special. Prime rib roast, or Kona(coffee)crusted chateaubriand (amazing flavor). [p]phillip