Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butts Great, Ribs Okay

pipedreampipedream Posts: 58
edited 9:02AM in EggHead Forum
My Boston Butts always turn out great, but I could use some advice on the baby backs. I cook the Butts about 2 hours per pound, indirect, at 250 degrees, with some hickory. I rub the butts and ribs down with mustard then season with my favorite dry rub - I remove the membrane, then cook my baby backs with the same temp using the 3-1-1 method, but they seem a little tough to me. Are any of you guys using tenderizer or any other tricks to get them less tough? Don't get me wrong, they taste great, nice smoke flavor just a little chewier than I would like.
Also, here is a shot of this past weekend's boston butt after the pull.
·

Comments

• oh well, it said my picture was too big. if i can figure out to resze it i will post again.
    ·