Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Kicked off 2013 Football Season Already with a Porterhouse the Size of the Superbowl

A final pre-season NFL game and college about to start was all the excuse I needed to kick off the football season with a huge porterhouse and some offerings from the garden.  I grew the potato's, and jalapeno's got the corn from a farm stand, and had the porterhouse custom cut for a special occasion.  This was that occasion.  
Getting my reverse sear on-  Plenty of DP sprinkled on as well
Roasted to about 98F, now resting
Steak is resting...  Corn is roasting
Porterhouse back on for final searimage
I used the top of the dome for some afterburner corn cooking while the porterhouse was searing
Sliced up and ready for the plate
I don't know if it is the start of Football I felt compelled to celebrate, or the harvest of some of my veggies.  Probably both.  I hope everyone has a fantastic Labor day weekend!  P-

Comments