Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best way to reheat Boston Butt?

HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 265
Things did not go as planned, butt done wayyyyy  to early.What is the best way to re-heat? Have about 30 guests coming over. Not able to put in cooler........ 
Hendersonville, TN.
·

Comments

• Wrap in towels, put in turned off oven, microwave, anything to help hold a little heat.. Better too early than a half hour too late.
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

·
  • Thanks for the input, cooked quicker than I thought.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • gdub16gdub16 Posts: 14
    Little late but wrap in foil, then a towel put it in cooler.  If it is right out of the oven you can go about four hours or so.  Some say five but I am little conservative when comes to poising my guests :)  It will still be very warm even after four hours.  If it is pulled  pork soak in apple juice warm at 200 for about hour.  

Cheers

gdube 
    ·
  • Gdub16 thanks. The guests liked it but I thought it was too dry.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • I have frozen cooked butts whole and reheated with grest success by thawing, breaking into baseball size chunks (not shredded yet), place in aluminum foil pan with 1/2cup apple juice /1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, cover with foil and in the oven at 225-250 for an hr or so.  If its too late for FTC method (which also works), give this a try. 
    ·